Basic Table Field prints as one solid color

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun Apr 19 15:52:12 EDT 2015

On 4/19/2015 2:07 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Did you try making the field transparent (disable opaque)?

Scott, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately Opaque has no effect on
the issue.

> Here's a suggestion from the "goofy workarounds" category...
>
> You say the field prints correctly with no text.  How about empty lines with only return characters?  If that works, and assuming the field can be scrolled, maybe you could try:
>
> - store the scroll value of the field and it's text
> - set the text of the field to some number of empty lines that allows restoring the scroll
> - import a snapshot of the field at the field's rect with grid intact
> - set the ink effect of the snapshot to multiply
> - restore the field's text and scroll
> - disable the field's grid (so the snapshot is used as visible grid)
> - print
> - restore the grid and delete the snapshot
>
> If scrolling is not needed, you can skip the part about setting the empty lines and setting the scroll.
>
> I know this ranks about 11 on the goofiness scale, but maybe worth a try.

Yea, there a bunch of work around where the simplest seems to just do an
'export snapshot' and print the resulting image (hiding the field
entirely for printing), but I'd before I switch to levels of workarounds
like thsi, I want to be sure thsi really is a bug and report it to RunRev.

That's one reason I was asking if any else has either experienced this
issue. OR, I guess I should have asked if anyone else can reproduce this
issue.