Custom Desktop Folders

Ray ray at linkit.com
Wed Apr 15 20:01:30 EDT 2015

OK Mark - I've experimented a little doing this:

Made a text file named Desktop.ini

Saved the following content in it:
[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=MyIcon.ico
IconIndex=0
InfoTip=Some sensible information.

Created a folder on the Windows desktop named Test

Moved both the file and a .ico file named MyIcon into the folder

This doesn't change the appearance of the folder, although it does
change the appearance of the text file.  It puts a little gear on it.

Am I missing something?

On 4/15/2015 1:43 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Ray,
>
> It is a text file. I gave you an example of the text. LiveCode can
> create such text files. The file should be saved inside the folder of
> which you want to change the icon.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> Installer Maker for LiveCode:
> http://qery.us/468
>
> Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"
> http://qery.us/3fi
>
> LiveCode on Facebook:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/
>
> On 4/16/2015 01:37, Ray wrote:
>> Mark  -  thanks for these tips but I'm afraid I'm not quite following
>> you.
>>
>> Should the text file have any text in it?  Which folder should I save it
>> in?  And finally, how do I set the settings you've outlined from within
>> Livecode?  I guess these things are delving into an area of Livecode
>> I've never used.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ray
>>
>> On 4/15/2015 12:56 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
>>> Hi Ray,
>>>
>>> Make a text file with Notepad. Save it in the folder as Desktop.ini.
>>> Use the following settings:
>>>
>>> [.ShellClassInfo]
>>> IconFile=Folder.ico