copying from password protected substacks

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:37:55 EDT 2015

You can use this:

function expandError pErr
   -- expands LC runtime error numbers, with explanatory text
   -- probably based on a handler from someone on the use-LC list, not sure who
   -- revised by Peter M. Brigham, pmbrig at gmail.com — freeware

   -- requires sr()

   repeat for each line e in pErr
      put item 1 of e into errNbr
      put item 2 of e into tLineNbr
      put item 3 of e into tCharNbr
      put item 4 to -1 of e into tHint
      put "• line" && tLineNbr & "," && "char" && tCharNbr & ": " into tErrMsg
      put "error #" & errNbr & ", " after tErrMsg
      put sr(line errNbr of the cErrorsList of card 1 of stack "revErrorDisplay") \
            after tErrMsg
      if tHint <> empty then
         put " — hint:" && tHint after tErrMsg
      end if
      put tErrMsg & cr after errorlist
   end repeat
   return sr(errorlist)
end expandError

function sr str
   -- sr = "strip returns" -- actually, strips all white space fore and aft
   -- place this handler in a library stack,
   --     where it will be available everywhere
   return word 1 to -1 of str
end sr

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham