Database error?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 10 17:36:38 EDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 3:36 PM, shawnlc wrote:
> In case A if your account was compromised then they'd have access
> to everything in your account.  In case B if compromised they'd have access
> to all of your databases.

All this talk got me curious. I have an app that connects to a database.
It currently has a strong password and an obscure login that isn't
anyone's name or email. It has zero sensitive data; think of something
like your personal jogging times, or a holiday calendar. Totally
innocuous. You'd be comfortable posting it at a bus stop.

What kind of risk would there be if someone were able to figure out the
strong credentials it uses? We don't care if anyone sees the data
itself, but if access were obtained would there be anything else the
intruder could do?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com