Release 6.7.4 Stable / 7.0.4 Stable

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:27:28 EDT 2015

Actually, I am beginning to wonder what "stable' might mean at the best
of times.

For the last few weeks I have been trying to read data on an external
"turtle" connected to
a Windows 7 box via a USB cable with No joy at all.

Yesterday I stumbled across a remark that something to do with
communication with
serial ports had been broken post LiveCode 4.0.

I installed LiveCode 4.0 on my Windows 7 box and things began working;
which they did not
with LiveCode 7.0.

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23621&p=124085#p124085

So, I will assume that EVERY SINGLE RELEASE of LiveCode after 4.0 is
"Beta", "Bugged" or whatever,
as a broken capability has never been fixed.

I have always thought that the idea of releasing new versions of
software was to improve on earlier versions.

And by "improving" I don't mean ignoring the fact that while you have
improved your thing in one area you have
broken something else.

Guess I must be wrong.

Richmond.