Release 6.7.4 Stable / 7.0.4 Stable

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:11:58 EDT 2015

On 09/04/15 19:58, John Dixon wrote:
> How can you say this is a stable release ?
>
> Not being able to use a 'native scroller' to scroll (see bug 15118) reduces the making of mobile apps using liveCode like nothing more that a collection of 'flash' cards...
>
> Is the scrolling problem going to be fixed, I have tried to ask a number of times, or just going to be quietly forgotten about ?...
>
> from support...  I can see the bug report has been confirmed. I'm afraid I cannot give you any indication of when it might be fixed or what priority it might receive. We do not fix bugs in date order, they are assessed on a variety of factors. We will keep you updated on the progress of the bug through our system.'
>
> Will this question ever get answered... ?
>

> John Dixon

At this point I am going to do 2 things:

1. Repost a remark I made earlier today:

"The problem with this is that we seem to have a series of Beta
versions; the 6.7 line, the 7.0 line and now the 8.0 line;
all introducing jazzy new things.

However, however jazzy those new things might be, it might not be a bad
thing to have a rock-solid version to be going on with
while all those Beta versions get sorted out"

2. Point out that RunRev STILL suffer from an attitude problem towards
their users:

Almost everything that has been released since LiveCode went Open Source
has been shot full of holes:

Why? Because RunRev are running hell-for-leather for some bright new
future without acknowledging the fact that it
would be better to retrench and sort out all those bugs that have been
there as long as 9 years.

I didn't know whether to laugh like a mad baboon or crap in my pants
when somebody suggested recently, when I pointed out
really ancient unfixed bugs, that those bug reports should be dropped!

Funny . . . really funny . . . if we hide the skeletons in the cupboard
because they are out of sight they will be out of
mind.

-------------------------------------

Just to point something out:

I have had my "Devawriter Pro" in development for the last 5 years: bugs
are continually turning up; so I have got seriously bogged
down, and cannot even consider working on the features my system
development life-cycle suggested should have been finished 2-3 years
ago.

I could, of course, have bolted those features on to the extremely
shakey thing my DWPro was then, and people who used the thing would
have felt the unspoken 'finger' that was implied by my not having
addressed those nasty glitches.

Sorry, I'm not made that way; so I have still to get to the stage of
implementing the transliteration tools.

-----------------------------------

Getting really up-close-and-personal, I notice there is a series of
threads about connexion and communication with USB devices
that goes back years.

RunRev are not addressing that . . . so all that puff about "listening
to their customers" is obviously a load of old . . . .

Unlike John Dixon, and many other serious end-users of LiveCode, I am
not a politically correct Englishman; I am a Scot,
and a bloody Scot at that: so I'm just going to go on "telling it like
it is"

Richmond.