Database error?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Apr 8 14:28:38 EDT 2015

I’m profoundly ignorant of databases in general and the way LC talks to MySQL databases in particular. Gregg Flora gave me a script for a handler which communicates with a mySQL database I thought I’d created using the On-Rev cPanel: but when I query it by running the script I get this error:

> Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I am 99 percent certain that I have the name of the host, the database itself and the user all correct, plus the correct password for that user. Perhaps the creation process didn’t really created the database (although the cPanel display says it did).

Can anyone suggest what I should do next?

TIA

Graham