hide / show oddities ?

Alan Stenhouse alanstenhouse at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:42:29 EDT 2015

There were some posts on this list about 4 months ago re: hide/show objects strangeness  (http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/hide-show-oddities-td4686263.html).

Having struck this today on a project I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s something to do with the graphics caching that is being used when we have acceleratedRendering set to true.  In our case, we had some scrolling groups with subgroups in which each contained buttons that may be shown or hidden at times. It appeared as though these weren’t being updated, however, if the overall containing group wasn’t visible. Once it was made visible however, scrolling the group would update all the child objects ok. However, that’s not good enough…

So the solution for now, on entry to this card, is to turn acceleratedRendering off, which presumably disables the graphics caching, and all objects are now updated correctly. Yet to be seen is the effect this may have on other bits that perhaps need the better graphics performance…

So if you’re also seeing strange behaviour with hide/show or setting the visible property, try turning off acceleratedRendering to see if that helps. (I’d already tried setting the layerMode and it didn’t seem to help).

HTH someone.

cheers

Alan
--
Alan Stenhouse
alanstenhouse at hotmail.com

Check out our apps on the App Store:

BeatSpeak - the multilingual talking metronome
EV-Point - Find your nearest Electric Vehicle Recharge Station.
Re-Collections - Make your family history come to life. Every picture tells your story.