Please recommend a text editor

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:03:31 EDT 2015

On 04/04/15 13:18, Simon Knight wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> Many thanks - I will give textwrangler a try, I have used it as a
> plain text editor but never really dug deep: I have down loaded the
> "Revolution" add-in that you pointed me to and may have a try at
> creating my own.  The one thing I have not been able to do is to
> directly export coloured text to a word processor.  The Textwrangler
> export option remains grayed out but I can get the text by printing to
> preview and copy and paste from there.
>
> best wishes
>
> Simon

I'm not entirely sure what your objection to the built-in script editor
is; as a syntax coloured external editor is much the same sort of thing.

However, having said that, I tend to use Appleworks 6 on my G5 iMac
running Mac OS 10.5 for editing large scripts where I need to
perform bulk search-and-replace operations.

Appleworks does not offer syntax colouring, but I use it mainly by doing
a copy-paste of an already finished script to modify it via
search-and-replace rather than programming per se.

If you want to do script-editing like Visual Basic (i.e. one long list
rather than lots of little lists in each object) then I suppose your
question begins
to make sense; the only real problem is at that point you lose the
WYSIWYG aspect that is so powerful in LiveCode.

Richmond.