exporting htmlText for use in current browsers

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Apr 1 11:10:42 EDT 2015

I have run into a problem where current versions of FireFox, IE, and
Chrome appear no longer recognize the HTML generated by the htmlText of
a field, specifically the depricated <FONT SIZE="n"> </FONT> tag (among
others)

When I wrap the htmText of a field in an HTML document structure, such as:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<head>
  <title>[[title_HERE]]</title>
</head>
 [[htmlText_HERE]]

Regardless of what I use for a DOCTYPE, whether for HTML4.1 (loose):
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
or HTML 3.2 (when <FONT> was supported):
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<FONT> is, of course, no longer supported at all in HTML5

The font sizes are not recognized in any of the three browsers above,
with either DOCTYPE. Has anyone else run into this? And does anyone have
a solution?

I would really rather not have to code a translator to convert all FONT
tags to CSS styles.

Thank you in advance for any help.