[BUG][SHELL] Could Others Please Test This OS X/Linux

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:17:22 EDT 2014

Before I go ahead and submit a bug report I'd like others to test and
report their findings. This is just a simple shell script which should
list the entire contents (folders and files) of the Users account.

In Terminal enter the following:

find $PWD

The output will be on each line the full path of either a Folder or a file.

I just copied and pasted the output into a Text editor which then
reports the number of lines - in my case it's 527579

Next, in LC in the msg box

put shell("find $PWD") into tStore
--put tStore & cr into msg
put the number of lines of tStore after msg

In my case the output is: 17794.

Obviously this is a big difference. If you want to check the actual
output you can uncomment the line that will put tStore into msg, but
at this stage I only wish to confirm that the number of lines
(Folders/files) outputed is different.

I'm on OS X 10.9.5 LC 6.6.3

Richard Gaskin reported a much smaller difference and in the opposite
direction on Linux (not sure the specific flavour or LC version)

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> LC shell call:   113079 lines
> Terminal output: 113041 lines

All I need is you OS, LC Version, No of lines via Terminal, No of lines via LC.

Thanks