Merging PDF files through LC

Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel skip at magicgate.com
Tue Sep 30 23:01:36 EDT 2014

>From the looks of it, you only need to have two files to get it to work
from the command line: pdftk.exe and libconv2.dll  (found in the PDFtk
Server /bin directory after install)

Getting it to work, probably not that hard.  Distributing it with your
application, that's a whole other issue.  I have been looking over the
command line options for this and it is pretty powerful.  One feature that
stands out the most to me is the ability to send form data to the PDF
file.  Something I have wanted but LC has yet to be able to supply a
streamlined way of doing this.

In regards to distribution:

As stated in the README file from PDFtk:
"If you want to distribute pdftk as part of your own software, you will
need a commercial license. The exception to this rule is if your software
is licensed to the public under the GPL or another compatible license."

"Commercial licenses are available for pdftk. They include commercial-grade
support and allow commercial redistribution. Please email
sid.steward at pdflabs.com to learn more. And please include pdftk in your
email subject. Thank you. "

SKIP