getting data from the memory space of a "hung" app

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Sep 29 15:30:04 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

Are you aware of any way to save the in-memory data of a standalone app
that's currently not responding? This is on a Mac, probably OS 10.8.x or
maybe 10.9.x. Right-clicking the app's icon in the Dock gives you the
"force quit" option. The data is in an array.

I created a stack my client can drag onto the app icon, which will
[ideally] open it and save that array to disk, but I don't hold out a
lot of hope that it'll open.

I realize this is an extreme long shot but I told my client I would ask.

Thanks -

--
Phil Davis