iOS app submission error - "invalid segment alignment"

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Sep 26 17:11:38 EDT 2014

The requirement of Xcode 5.1.1 was how things were at the start of the week. The new problem has happened since then. My suspicion is that as part of the failed update to iOS 8.0.1 something bad was discovered, and Xcode 6.0.1 was released on the 17th to counter some malicious attack kinda thing. So, I think it’s quite a recent issue.

The ld file that is used by Xcode 6.0.1 is only a day old.

Ralph was lucky to get through. I know of another developer who submitted their app a few days ago, and it got through the initially checking, but then was rejected during the review stage, because the new requirements had kicked in by then.