"ShellShock" - what are you doing?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Sep 25 16:12:51 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I did a few tests on devices that I have available.

Mac OS X 10.4.11 is vulnerable.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 is not vulnerable.
Mac OS X 10.7.11 is vulerable.
After installing the latest security update, 10.7.11 is still vulnerable.

As you know, Ubuntu, most other Linux flavours, and Android are all
vulnerable. For now, I don't see a reason to panic. I'll just disconnect
the machine with 10.4.11 from the internet and won't use 10.7.11 until
Apple fixes the problem.

I'm more worried about an old Android device of mine that I can't update
as well as all those routers, modems etc. for which no new software is
available.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille