Using Livecode to burn DVDs on demand?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 25 10:25:27 EDT 2014

Tim Selander wrote:
> I work for a TV production house, and we offer past programs to our
> audience on DVDs. Sell maybe 100 a month.
>
> I would like to use Livecode to catalog the programs (no problem there,
> I can do that), and then be able to burn a DVD. All our programs are on
> HDD, ready to burn. I can handle everything but burning to DVD.
>
> Are there any commands/libraries/externals that would let me, from
> within Livecode, send the data I've picked up to a DVD burner?

What platform are you using?

The simplest method may be to use some intermediary scripting language,
like shell scripts, AppleScript, or VBScript to send the parameters to
the DVD software.

In Ubuntu (and most other Linux flavors) this could be done through
Brassero's command-line interface, making shell calls from LiveCode.

I would imagine most similar DVD packages on other platforms are also
scriptable.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems