Problem with palette & toplevel

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 23 16:40:56 EDT 2014

Richmond wrote:

 > On 23/09/14 23:18, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Set the style of the stack to palette and save it, and next time you
 >> open it it should be in palette mode.
 >>
 >> Or you could open it with the palette command.
 >
 > I wish that were true, but it doesn't work. [6.6.3]

Seems to work here.

You may need to check the mode of the stack manually:

   put the mode of stack "StackThatShouldBeAPalette"

Also, remember that on Linux the raisePalettes global property is off by
default (I have no idea why).  Turning that on makes the palette mode
more obvious (and is really the only significant difference between
palette and modeless on Linux, since Gnome provides no special
appearances for palettes).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems