HyperCard Basics

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 19:43:41 EDT 2014

Richard, thank you so much for that link to a wise, amusing and charming
article.  Yes, you are right.  The charm of it was youth.  Which we only
realise when we look back on it as you did there.   It is the experience
some of us will have had - of returning home after a long absence to a place
whose memories we had carried with us and taken for granted.

But when we got there again, everything seemed so extraordinarily small.
Surely this is not how it was.

Yes, that is really how Hypercard was.

This is how Conrad puts it:

"...our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for
something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone—has passed
unseen, in a sigh, in a flash—together with the youth, with the strength,
with the romance of illusions."

Al