AW: need some RGB bug tester

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Sep 15 12:01:04 EDT 2014

Thanks for testing, it gave me some confidence in the difference.
Some more tests, I found that there are some images which show this
difference and others, which show exactly the same value on Win/Mac. So it
must be something dependent of the image. In my test case a JPG without
embedded color profile showed the same values and another JPG with embedded
sRGB color profil showed the different values. I don't know if this is
related to the issue or if my results showed just by accident. The profile
theory wouldn't explain my original issue, where I take a screenshot of the
same video in LC and take the color of that screenshot. In that case the
profile or non profile of the screenahot should be the same on Win / Mac.

For my issue I will go on with adding + 30 to the Mac RGB values to get a
comparable value as on Win, though the difference is in 98% of the cases 30
+/- 3 and in a few cases more than that. It's not a nice workaround but
hopefully close enough for me.

If anybody has more insight, every hint is welcome.

Tiemo

Auftrag