Download and Run Stacks - Can Do On Mobile?

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Sat Sep 13 12:19:46 EDT 2014

I've been working on a system that is basically a magazine reader. My iOS "player" contains all the code. It downloads a ZIP archive with an XML file that contains all the content, plus the media assets.

If I need to add functionality of any kind, I'll update the iOS player, even if it's only interactivity that I plan on using in the future.

This isn't quite as flexible as the kind of arrangement that Richard is talking about here, but it's still pretty clean and versatile. Of course it works on other platforms, too.

- Charles