Apple TestFlight beta testing

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Thu Sep 11 13:57:46 EDT 2014

So with the fix in LC 6.6.3, I was able to upload an app build to iTunes Connect. I wanted to play around with the new TestFlight functionality.

But now when I go into iTunes Connect and try to enable the beta testing, it’s telling me my build “does not contain the correct beta entitlement”. I follow the link provided to get more info, which takes me to the iTunes Connect Developer Guide, where I can find absolutely nothing about “beta entitlement”.

Has anyone else tried it yet? I’m assuming something in the bundle’s .plist file needs to be added/enabled, but not sure what. Which means something in LC will probably have to be updated. I’m guessing we could manually add what’s necessary to the .plist template before building, but I can’t find any info on it.

Just thought I’d ask here to see if anyone’s given it a go yet.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield