Simple JSON call

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 9 16:15:10 EDT 2014

Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Trevor DeVore wrote:
>>
>>> "the urlresponse' will contain the data that the server sent back. Try
>>> checking that after your put into URL call.
>>>

>> When does the urlResponse differ from the value in "it"?
>
> put ... into URL doesn't populate 'it'. Nor does 'delete URL ...'.
>
> The urlresponse was added so that we could get the server response in these
> cases.

Ah - supercool.  I've been limiting my web APIs to use only POST, as I
didn't realize we'd had a way to use PUT and DELETE.  In fact, I thought
DELETE only worked for FTP - what version extended that for HTTP?

I wonder if the team should consider using "it" for those as they do for
GET and POST....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems