Raspberry Pi Standalone

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Tue Sep 9 10:29:43 EDT 2014

On 9 Sep 2014, at 04:40, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel <skip at magicgate.com> wrote:

> I just produced my first RPi standalone using the new Linux ARMv6-HF option
> found in 7.0 RC1.  This is going to change everything.

I forgot to mention something during my conference talk: you can only build for RPi from the Community version of RC1 (because only Community edition is supported).

For those of you who missed the conference:

We have termed the RaspberryPi release of LiveCode (whether the IDE or the standalone engine) "Community Supported" - it won't receive as much testing internally as the other builds (as I have only a finite number of hours in a day) and generally won't receive as much attention as the other platforms. Anything the LiveCode community can do to help us maintain this platform will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Fraser