preOpenStack

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Sep 7 11:22:59 EDT 2014

Terence Heaford <t.heaford at ...> writes:

> Putting it in the card script does seem to be the answer.
>
> Had a quick look in the dictionary and I couldn’t find where it says do
not put it in the stack script.
> The dictionary just says the message is sent to the destination card when
you open a stack.

As you yourself quoted, "the message is sent to the destination *card*".
The card has the first crack at handling the message.

If the handler is in the stack script then it's accessible at the root of
the message path from any stack in the ecosystem. Placing it in the card
script localizes its effect.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com