How To: Manage columns of data (was Re: How To: Delete columns of data)

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 01:09:22 EDT 2014

On 7 Sep 2014, at 12:26, JB <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:

> If my DNS was changed the bank would not recognize me
> and they would never have let me log in without explaining
> why I have a different DNS and would tell me that was the
> problem.  They are not idiots and don’t allow people to use
> my account with another DNS and that includes me.

DNS stands for Domain Name System. You can read about it on Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System . Your browser uses a DNS Server to translate a URL into an IP Address (you can also look those up on Wikipedia). Your bank has no idea which DNS Server your computer uses, it does know your IP Address.

If some malware has changed the settings in your computer so that your browser accesses a rogue DNS Server instead of a genuine one, you will not be connected to the sites that you expected.

I would change my passwords if I were you.

Regards

Peter