Russian submarine

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 6 20:22:11 EDT 2014

Colin Holgate <coiin at ...> writes:

> I’m now curious about how well the others got on in getting through the
submarine, there are several
> narrow portals that you have to climb through, it’s a but of a workout!

Good on ya for getting on board. We got there at about 8:01, and they throw
folks out at 8:00, so all we could do was stand on top. While I can't say I
got into a Russian sub, at least I can say I was "on" one. However, we *did*
get to go on board the USS Dolphin on the other side of the Berkeley. The
last of the diesel-electric submarines, and it holds the record for the
deepest dive of a submarine, although the actual figure is classified for
some reason.

> The walk to the airport ended up seeming further than the 3 miles that
Google maps implies, but I’m glad I
> did it. There can’t be very many cities in the world where walking to the
plane is a practical possibility.

Yeah, I tried that in Las Vegas a few conferences ago, and it just can't be
done, even though it's a straight shot on the map.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com