how to stop mouse clicks from executing?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:59:33 EDT 2014

On 1.09.2014 20:23, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> I have a situation in my program where I'm showing the user some stuff.  I do not want the user to be able to click with the mouse during this time.
> What is the best way to do that?
> Actually it would be great if the user couldn't even move the mouse (within my program) during this time.
>
> TIA
> Larry

How about this sort of code in your cardScript:

on mouseUp
   if fld "NIX" contains 1 then
---do nix
   end if
end mouseUp

then have an offscreen fld "NIX" that you put 1 onto when your slide-show
starts, and you put 'empty' into when it finishes?

of course you could move that script out of the cardScript into all your
buttons on the card
like this:

on mouseUp
   if fld "NIX" contains 1 then
---do nix
else
   --do whatever you want this button to do
   end if
end mouseUp

Richmond.