Hmmm...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 31 18:34:42 EDT 2014

Agreed, but Supercard suffered from early instability and general interface kludginess. I was a Supercard guy for a long time, but got sidetracked with other things. Still, I was stifled by the same issue I had with Hypercard: I wanted to create databases of many thousands of records, and there was no good way to do that without XCMD’s that turned out to be too unreliable for commercial use.

To be perfectly frank, until I came across Runtime Revolution, developing with X-Card seemed to me to be too sketchy for me to stake my reputation on. I created cool little utility apps that didn’t need many thousands of cards, but nothing I would feel comfortable providing to the people I worked for.

Now I feel very confident that I can create fairly polished and functioning database apps (given my total inability to design good user interfaces) using the tools at hand. I have come to think of Livecode as what Hypercard should have been all along (had they the memory to even run it back then, which they decidedly did not!)

Bob S