HTML representation of 'less than or equal to' - not cross-platform?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 31 15:03:55 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014, 1:04 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Not to flog this to death, but what you did works for me too - you
> just set the htmlText of a field using a version of LC running on
> Windows. What didn’t work for me was setting the htmlText of the
> field using a Mac version of LC, saving the stack and then opening it
> on a PC with a PC version of LC - then the field had somehow changed.
> I will see if this applies in other versions of LC. What I did is
> repeatable but of course it may be something to do with my particular
> setup or versions of LC.

That's what MacToISO and ISOtoMac were for. I'm not sure they still
apply in LC 7.0 though. But if you're running in 6.x you'll probably
need to use macToISO() on the text if the platform is a Windows machine.
Or, you could try storing the HTML as a custom property and re-setting
the htmlText on Windows; maybe that will map it correctly.

That said, if those particular characters aren't in the Windows
character set then I don't think anything will work to display them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com