Strictness in LC7

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 14:00:25 EDT 2014

I have an app some of whose coding is quite old. I find that LC7 no longer tolerates sloppy code in the way earlier versions did. For example

  set the points of grc "MyLine" to 31,300,639,300

worked in earlier versions including all the 6.x ones I've tried (it drew a horizontal line), but now I have to do what it says in the documentation and make a list with the start and end points on separate lines, as in:

  set the points of grc "MyLine" to "31,300" & return & "639,300"

The first version doesn't throw an error, it just results in a dot rather than a line.

I wonder how many more things like that are lurking in my code!

Just FYI

Graham