Possible bug in LC6.7 - maybe one for Mark Schonewille?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Oct 31 11:39:06 EDT 2014

On Oct 30, 2014, at 9:30 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Peter Haworth wrote:
> > Late to this one but there is indeed a new property named "status"
> > which is why your script now fails.  Unfortunately, can't tell what
> > it's used for since there's no dictionary entry for it.  About to
> > file a bug report for that.
>
> Please do - thanks.
>
> Searching for "status" in the v7 Release Notes it seems that it's now a property of the new player widget.

This kind of thing is a good argument for using a form of Hungarian Notation when naming variables and custom properties. I myself was just bit by this in LC 6.7 and 7.0. There was new property added—the editionType—which reports which edition, community or commercial, you are using. Unfortunately I had been using a property of that name for the last couple of years in a project. I went back and duly renamed it to [myProjectPrefix]_editionType and now the universe is happy again.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University