HTML representation of 'less than or equal to' - not cross-platform?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 10:00:59 EDT 2014

I’ve got a little field with a single “less than or equal to” character in it. The character got there from executing

 set the htmlText of fld “myField” to <p>≤</p>

from the message box while programming in the IDE (LC 6.6.5)

This works fine on a Mac, but I just noticed that it doesn’t work on a PC. When I open the card containing this field in LC on a PC running Windows 7, and execute this from the message box

 put the htmlText of fld “myField”

I get

which does not display as a less than or equal glyph. If I reset the contents of the field using <p>≤</p>, it displays correctly.

Anyone any idea what's going on? How did '≤' get changed to '&16;'? Seems totally weird to me.

TIA for any suggestions.

Graham