Two features I don't understand

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 31 00:48:38 EDT 2014

Monte Goulding wrote:
 > On 31 Oct 2014, at 2:55 pm, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> If RunRev needed this themselves, they've done a good
 >> job of concealing why. :)  Copying styled text works
 >> great with htmlText.
 >
 > Richard if you remember originally styledText supported
 > a few things that htmlText didn't and people complained...

Rightly so, according to the inventor of the LiveCode engine:  Dr. Raney
once explained to me that the purpose of htmlText is to provide an
easily-manipulatable way to faithfully reproduce the entire contents and
styles within a field or chunk.

Anything less is indeed a bug report. :)

I like the idea of using arrays to manipulate field contents, but alas
we have so much missing from the the styledText representation at the
moment.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems