how to disturb newbies

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 13:51:34 EDT 2014

On 26/10/14 19:47, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> Hi Bill
> As I already replied to Richard:
> It seems you missed my point.
> I am NOT talking about the LC user base modifying the Dictionary we
> all use.
> I specifically said: MY Dictionary.
> In other words, just my own copy of the Dictionary on my machine.
> I apologize if I did not make that more clear.
> Thanks,
> Larry

I think that "missing the point" is sometimes useful; and in the case of
the Dictionary is extremely useful.

The ability to share user's notes and observations "at the sharp end"
rather than having to excavate
the use-list and the forums would save a lot of time and effort.

There "was" a way to add user notes that worked for quite a long time,
and in several cases I was "saved"
by user-added notes.

As I suggested earlier this evening:

something like the bug reporting system with a triage "nurse" might just
be the thing that works.

Richmond.