orientation in iOS 8.1 simulator

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sun Oct 26 13:23:57 EDT 2014

Hi Sean,

> Am 26.10.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Klaus major-k <klaus at major-k.de>:
>
> Hi Sean,
>
>> Am 26.10.2014 um 17:45 schrieb Sean Cole (Pi) <sean at pidigital.co.uk>:
>>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> I was getting this too (from some time ago). There is a delay in the
>> message between 'orientationChanged' to updating the
>> 'mobileDeviceOrientation' value. So, what I do is:
>>
>> on orientationChanged
>>       send "checkOrientation" to me in 20 millisec
>> end orientationChanged
>>
>> on checkOrientation
>>       set the rect of fld "Testfield" to the rect of this cd
>>       put CR & CR & mobileDeviceOrientation() into fld "Testfeld"
>> end checkOrientation

no joy in iPhone sim :-/
It starts correctly in portrait and stays there, no matter how I rotate the device!?
But works fine on iPad sim however.

Any setting in Livecode I may have overlooked?
I checked all options for iPad orientations in the standalone settings, but there is none for iPhone?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major