how to disturb newbies

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Oct 26 11:33:29 EDT 2014

Folks,
To me, allowing the entire LC user base to modify the dictionary that we all use, will cause more problems than it solves. Richard's idea to form a team of experienced live coders to at least review additions and changes and brainstorm improvements is a great idea. Also, a feature that allows users to make private notes is also a great one. Perhaps, taking it a bit further, users' private notes might contain a button to submit them to the dictionary committee for review and inclusion in the master dictionary.

An important goal, I think, is to consider feedback from both experienced and relatively new users who perhaps use a different vocabulary for their desired outcome and can't find their way around the huge number of commands and intricacies.

This list also contains a wealth of questions that the documentation team might address. The challenge is to try to get into the mindset of those who are, in real time, trying to solve coding problems.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org