Need info about Mark Cards command...

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sun Oct 26 01:58:59 EDT 2014

Now that v7 is out, I've started playing with bringing some of my
company's (still in use) HyperCard/9to5 Reports systems over to
LiveCode.

I have a customer database. If I want to pull up all Tokyo
customers,

mark cards where "Tokyo" is in field "city"

is working well. But if I want to pull up Tokyo and Yokohama
customers,

Question 1) is the a 'mark cards' command that will pull up both?
For example

mark cards where "Tokyo" or "Yokohama" is in field "city"
(this does not work...)

I can achieve what I want by running the mark cards command for
each city:

mark cards where "Tokyo" is in field "city"
mark cards where "Yokohama" is in field "city"

This gives me the data set I need. But is there a way to do it in
one pass?

Question 2) How would I use the mark cards, or some other
command, to pull up AND constructs. For example marks cards where
"Main Street" AND "Central Ward" are in field "address" ??

Thanks,

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan