The Bearer Of Bad News

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Oct 25 13:52:58 EDT 2014

Andrew-

> Dropbox and backup suggestions aside, I can't help but feel 7.0 was not
> ready for primetime. My experience has been giant standalones to cater to
> features I don't use, and lackluster performance.

I hear what you're saying, and I'm not disagreeing, but... we're
almost 15 years into the 21st century, and certain features are
absolutely necessary now. Unicode text, the Carbon-to-Cocoa
refactoring, etc, are no longer nice-to-haves. I'd like some more
flexibility in what libraries are included in standalones in order to
cut down on the size of apps, and maybe that will come in time, but
I'd like more flexibility in where my tax dollars go, and I'm not
holding my breath for that one either.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.