The Bearer Of Bad News

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Oct 25 13:20:15 EDT 2014

I use Time machine for local backups and all my LC dev files are on Google
Drive so I feel pretty comfortable with recovering any stack files I need.

There's another level of recovery I made available in lcStackBrowser.  It's
not made for backups per se, more in the way of keeping temporary versions
of a stack while you're working on it.  I called them checkpoints rather
than backups for that reason.

For example, I can save a version of a stack right before I start making
major changes to it, along with a comment as to why I made it.
 lcStackBrowser displays an icon next to stacks that have checkpoints and
shows me a list of them along with the date and time and any associated
comment.  So if I decide I don't want to proceed with my changes or just
that I need to take a different approach, I can simply rollback to my
checkpoint.

Another way I use them is to automatically make a checkpoint every time I
save the file, with or without a comment.  I've learned the hard way that
it's a good idea to do frequent saves in LC!  So if I get a hard hang in
LC, perhaps because of an error in a modal stack, I can quit LC, restart
and rollback to the last working checkpoint.

Many other checkpoint options too, like automatic checkpoints every n
minutes.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>