7.0 corrupted two stacks!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 24 22:29:17 EDT 2014

Timothy Miller wrote:

 > I just downloaded and installed the "stable" version of 7.0,
 > didn't give it much thought. I only opened two stacks...
 > The two stacks I opened come up corrupted in LiveCode Community
 > 6.6.5.

Any newer format opened in any older version of LiveCode will do that.

While LiveCode's file format doesn't change often, each time it does the
IDE provides a File-Save As option for saving in earlier formats. In 7.0
it includes support for the last three file formats, providing
compatibility with all versions of LiveCode spanning more than a decade.

It would be good to know if you can open those files in v7 again, so we
explore why you encountered a script error you'd never seen in any
earlier version.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems