RELEASE LiveCode 7.0

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 24 10:36:09 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Terence Heaford <t.heaford at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> Yes but who will have to create the widgets?

Anybody can. I believe RunRev stated at the conference that they would be
creating new versions of the standard as Widgets. If there is a control you
need that RunRev, or some other developer, hasn't made available then you
can wrap it up in a widget. I'm not sure how wrapping up native controls
will work exactly, but you use a special version of the LiveCode language
(modular LiveCode?) to handle it. No Objective C or C.

> What is the target date for LC 8 or is it so far away it hasn’t ben
> thought about.

At the conference we were told that we should see Alphas before the end of
the year. I've seen a bit of activity on Widgets in the commits on Github
so they are actively working on it.

> Is OS X actually deemed to be an important market for RunRev?

Well, if it wasn't I don't think they would have gone through all of the
work of reworking the entire windowing/messaging system to use Cocoa. It
was a big project.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps