The Bearer Of Bad News

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 24 10:33:00 EDT 2014

I never test the RC versions or the Dev releases. Since I do not produce commercial apps, I don’t have the need to test for compatibility. There were other things going wrong before that. The app did not run the way it should. I have a database setup card I go to that is designed to make a connection with either or both of two databases, and that wasn’t working correctly, but I *am* using sqlYoga and I am not sure if I need to be using a 7.0 converted version of that library. Also, when I went to the database setup card, at times although not always, my buttons looked like square gray boxes with no labels and the buttons did not work. Very odd.

Bob S

On Oct 23, 2014, at 16:39 , Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Well I upgraded to version 7.0.0. I opened a stack I have been
> working on, but it started misbehaving. I just had it open and
> running in version 6.6.4. In the process of trying to see where
> things were going wrong, version 7.0.0 unexpectedly quit.

How did this behavior in 7.0 Stable differ from your testing in the 7.0 RC versions?

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems