The Bearer Of Bad News

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 24 00:08:21 EDT 2014

Hello,

Sorry Ben, but you’re wrong.
Take a look at bug #13554 (stack corruption).
It has been marked as a duplicate of bug #13593 (gradient disappearing - don’t know why a stack corruption is a duplicate of this one).

And what’s really funny: neither the first or the second one has been fixed for the stable version release!

So, LiveCode 7 corrupts stacks and RunRev releases stable versions without fixing such bugs.

How is that serious?

Investigating such bugs is not enough.
I’ve already lost hours of work due to that problem and stopped development because of it. And I see that I can’t restart because the bug is still around in a stable release.

ÉrIC