Extended ASCII Characters Showing Up Where Not Wanted...

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 18:59:56 EDT 2014

John.

Your code will not throw an error, but the engine will not know what field you are referencing.

put word one of the selectedText of fld "yourFieldHere" into tFirstName

There should be no issue with this, unless the names were imported from somewhere that already contained the  extra chars

Also, and this is a matter of style, I would always use "1" instead of the constant "one".

Craig Newman