RELEASE LiveCode 6.7

Benjamin Beaumont ben at runrev.com
Thu Oct 23 15:40:30 EDT 2014

Dear all,

My "important changes" section is our 7.0 changes. My apologies.

For a full breakdown of the changes in LiveCode 6.7 please see the release
notes here:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_7_0/LiveCodeNotes-6_7_0.pdf

Warm regards,

Ben

On 23 October 2014 20:26, Benjamin Beaumont <ben at runrev.com> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> We're pleased to announce release of LiveCode 6.7. This is a stable
> release.
>
> Important Changes
>
>    1. We’ve update the platform component of the engine on Linux
>    substantially. Think of it as the equivalent of the cocoa port for MacOS X.
>    As a result, windowing related activities on Linux are subject to change.
>    If you are testing on Linux we would encourage you to focus on windowing,
>    window shapes, shortcuts, copy/paste and drag/drop.
>    2. LiveCode 7.0 is now based on LiveCode 6.7. It includes cocoa, the
>    webkit browser, the new AVFoundation player on Mac.
>    3. The file format has changed for this release to accommodate
>    Unicode. Old stacks will still work in 7.0, but stacks saved in 7.0 format
>    will not open in previous versions of LiveCode. Therefore it is doubly
>    critical to backup your stacks.
>
> *Release contents*
> Our release notes contain full details of all the changes made during this
> cycle as well as details of all the bugs that were fixed. The can be found
> here: http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_7_0/LiveCodeNotes-6_7_0.pdf
>
> *LiveCode 7.0*
> Many of you will notice that we've also released LiveCode 7.0 today. In an
> ideal world we would have rolled these two releases into 1. However,
> LiveCode 7.0 sees us release a near 2 year refactoring project which
> contains same changes to engine behavior, particularly when reading and
> writing data out of LiveCode or working with the char chunk type. Details
> of these changes can be found in the release notes for LiveCode 7.0. In
> summary, LiveCode 6.7 provides a new release of LiveCode that is fully
> backward compatible allowing people to take advantage of the new features
> like cocoa while providing time to move to 7.0.
>
> *Yosemite*
> During the release candidate phase we added support for Yosemite and will
> be working on adding wider ranging support for that platform in the coming
> week. Apple have tweaked how some of their pickers work which we'd like
> make available to your applications. We plan to do this in the form of
> 6.7.1 and 7.0.1 releases in the coming two weeks.
>
> As always, a big thank you to all those who tested and reported bugs
> during this cycle. Your efforts are valued by all of us here in Edinburgh
> and Glasgow!
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Ben

Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd

LiveCode Product Manager
mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
email : ben at runrev.com
company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
web : www.runrev.com