Can you please enlighten me on the LiveCode versions?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 03:12:08 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> But if you need stability, the most recent public release build is the
> best bet, as those are the versions the community has tested and can no
> longer find show-stoppers for.
>
> An excellent overview, thank you. I think the only thing worth adding is
due to Unicode 7.0 and above are a different file format therefore you need
to be careful you don't accidentally open the sole copy of your soon to be
released killer app in 7.x.

You can do all your work in 6.x.y, make a copy, open it in 7.x and see how
it behaves.

You can't open in 7.x, do modifications, Save, Quit and then open that
stack using 6.x.y

Any modifications done in a 7.x copy would need to be manually transferred
back into a 6.x.y stack.