3 questions about your coding habits

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Oct 16 20:08:29 EDT 2014

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:

> 1. When you're working on stack files, do you always keep them somewhere
> in your Home folder, or run with admin privileges and keep them
> somewhere else (e.g. Applications)?

Assuming you mean stackfiles rather than stacks, I try to keep them in the
same folder as the mainstack. And have a separate folder for each project
off either the /home or /Documents hierarchy. But at any rate, somewhere
with no special elevated privileges required for writing.

> 2. Do you regularly switch among different OSes, and if so how do you
> sync your files (drag-and-drop, rsync, OwnCloud, or something else), or
> do you bypass syncing altogether by mounting a shared volume?

Dropbox. Box if necessary, but it's an extra manual step.

3. See above.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com