Can you please enlighten me on the LiveCode versions?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 19:37:52 EDT 2014

Richard Gaskin wrote
> rsync is licensed under GPL 3.0, so RunRev could only integrated its
> code into the Community Edition.
>
> But moreover, rsync is freely available to anyone, and is most commonly
> used through the command line (its pre-installed on Ubuntu and most
> Linux distros, it's included in Cygwin for Windows, and an older version
> is included in OS X).  in LiveCode, I use it via the shell function.
>
> For moving data between local volumes it's great as it is.  When
> transferring to or from a remote server, it runs over SSH so it'll
> prompt for a password.  Since LC offers no way to enter a password
> prompt in SSH, the solution there is something all serious SSH users are
> probably doing anyway: setting up shared SSH keys.  Once those are in
> place, SSH, rsync, scp, and much more can be used from LC's shell
> function gracefully and securely.
>
> Given all this, how would you envision RunRev integrating rsync?

For example:

Add rsync as an option to this lesson:
http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4071/l/78702-opening-a-stack-from-the-server

go url rsync("http://techsupport.on-rev.com/MainApplication.livecode")

Using rsync, LiveCode server will send only updated/changed bytes
and LiveCode engine will rebuild the stack/file on memory (or temp folder)
and optionally, save the new stack/file to disk while keeping a backup...

Al