Programming LiveCode with LiveCode

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Thu Oct 16 13:32:52 EDT 2014

Larry wrote:

> I am of the opinion that all of the platform/device specific approach to
> software is going the way of the dinosaur.

That may be true with desktop software, but I respectfully disagree when it comes to mobile.

There’s ever-growing fragmentation on Android, sometimes the developer must adapt to handset manufactures' & carriers' idiosyncratic variations of the OS/UI, form factors and unique features.
Then there are Apple's new and tempting backend solutions, like CloudKit, which provide a seamless experience for both users and developers.
But they are clearly iOS only solutions. Leading to developer lock in.

IMO, the LiveCode is very nicely evolving to deal with this continuing differentiation of devices and OS ecosystems.

Jim Lambert