3 questions about your coding habits

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Oct 16 11:58:47 EDT 2014

I have a folder on Google Drive for all my Livecode files.

That folder includes the following folder structure for each of my projects:

Source Files
Documentation
Resources
Utilities (e.g. my production build stack, installer stack, Zygodact key
generator stack)
User Files (files sent to me to reproduce problems)
Production Builds
   Product Release folder (named with the date and version containing all
files for a specific release)

It also contains my Livecode "User Extensions" folder

When I make a production build, all the files associated with the release
are copied into the production build subfolder for that release and then
zipped.  My build process is almost completely automated except if the
project involves building a Windows .msi file.  The program I use to do
that does not have a command line interface so I have to run it manually,
but it still accesses the Google Drive files to do it's work.

Almost all of my development work is done on OSX.  At various points during
development, I test on a Windows 8 computer to check out any platform
specific issues.

At this point, I don't have access to a Linux environment nor am I making
mobile products so OSX and Windows is the extent of my development
environment.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>